1) League rules will be strictly applied to all teams
and may only be amended or added to at the A.G.M., with
a simple majority vote of teams present.
2) The League Committee will ensure these rules are
adhered to. Should any situation arise which is not
covered in these rules, or there is any dispute as to
the interpretation of the rules, the matter will be
referred to a full League meeting.
3) All Players and Teams will be expected to behave
in a sportsmanlike manner, any Team or Players who behave
otherwise will be expelled from the League.
3a) All Trophies and Cups will remain the property
of The Morley Pool League at all times.
4) Match sequence;
Players may play one singles and /or one Doubles
5) The Home Team will referee the first frame, the
away Team will break. Thereafter Teams will Referee
and break alternately.
6) The Home Team will pay for the cost of the games.
7) Teams will be awarded 1 point for each frame won,
the Team winning the match will be awarded 2 bonus points.
Score sheets should be handed in at the next League
meeting. Teams will be deducted 1 point for each score
sheet not received. (teams with 5 or less penalty points
at the end of the season will have the points reinstated.)
8) Both Teams will be responsible to ensure the result
is phoned in to the secretary after the match.
9) Matches will start at 8;00 p.m. prompt, should a
team be more than 15 minutes late, the team present
may claim the first frame, additional frames may be
c laimed at 10 minute intervals.
10) If a Team fails to turn up for a match the Team
present will be awarded a total of 9 points. The Team
failing to turn up will be fined except under exceptional
Giving 7 days notice; No penalty
Giving 24 hours notice; £5 fine
Giving less than 24 hours notice; £10 fine.
12) If a team fields less than 5 players, the opposing
team will be awarded the frames not played. Players
with frames awarded will be credited with a win for
13) The reason why any frames have been claimed should
be written in the appropriate space on the score sheet,
e.g. Claimed - late etc.
14) If a team fields an unregistered player, any frames
won by that player will be forfeited.
15) Any complaints as to the condition of the table
must be made before the start of the match.
16) League matches may not be cancelled, it is up to
each team to register enough players to complete their
fixtures. If a Teams venue is unavailable for a particular
match, the match will be played at a neutral venue.
17) If a Team leaves the League before completing 50%
of the season, all points scored against such a Team
will be void, if after completing 50% of the matches
results for the first half of the season will stand.
After completing 80% of the season, all results will
stand. Teams still to play the Team will receive a total
of 9 points.
REGISTRATION OF PLAYERS
18) A maximum of 14 and a minimum of 5 players can
be registered on the registration form, which must be
handed in before the start of the season.
19) Teams can register additional players up to half
way through the season by signing the score sheet.
20) Transfers will not be allowed.
21) Exceptions to (19) & (20) will only be allowed
subject to approval by a majority of teams at a League
22) No team will be allowed to register more than 1
mens County A team player, not including
players who were registered with their team before qualifying
for the County team.
23) The current Licensee, Manager, Steward etc. will
be allowed to play for their team at any time and do
not need to register. Except where the venue has more
than 1 Team when the Licensee will be subject to the
same rules as any other player.
24) All matches will be played to the rules of the
English Pool Association, prior to 1st Jan 1998 (available
at www.morleypool.co.uk), with the exception that following
a foul the player must ask the Referee to replace the
white ball (if required). A player picking the white
ball up may result in a foul being called. When a player
pockets a ball from each group legally The Referee should
ask the player to nominate, but it is still up to the
player to nominate, if not asked the player will still
be awarded a foul for failure to nominate.
25) A copy of these rules will be provided for each
team, the home team will ensure a copy is available
on match nights
26) The League reserves the right to refuse entry to
any of its knockout competitions.
27) Any special rules or conditions for knockout competitions
will be stated on the entry forms.
28) Each Team is responsible to send a representative
to League meetings, failure to attend will result in
the loss of 2 points. Where a venue has more than 1
team, 1 player will be allowed to represent both teams.
Teams with 5 or less penalty points at the end of the
season will have the points reinstated.
29) The League will not accept responsibility for any
default or penalty incurred due to that team not being
represented at League meetings.
30) All teams will pay monies to the League by the
agreed dates, the League reserves the right to impose
penalties on teams who are late with payment.
31) A full financial statement will be provided by
the treasurer before the start of each season.
32) In all cases teams should try to resolve any disputes
amicably between themselves, if this is not possible
the matter should be referred to the Committee via the
secretary. The Committee will then make a ruling based
on the current League and/or Match rules. If either
team does not agree with the decision of the Committee
the matter will be referred to a full League meeting,
where the decision reached by a majority vote of teams
present will be final.
33) Any teams or players engaging in violence during
or immediately after a match will be expelled from the
34) League positions will be awarded on the following
basis; a) total points, b) Number of matches won, c)
aggregate scores between tying teams, except where teams
are tied for first or second place when a playoff will
be arranged at a neutral venue.